River Heritage Park
River Heritage Park was developed in 1998-1999. Whether you’re taking a relaxing walk through nature or hanging out with the kids, River Heritage has much to offer. There’s something for everyone!
Within this 40-acre park there are sand volleyball courts, and an enormous playground that includes handicap-accessible play features, swing sets, slides and more.
River Heritage is a great setting for all types of events. The park has a large, rentable shelter with grills and plenty of places to sit.
Looking to get off the beaten path? Take a relaxing walk through the wooded area that leads to the White River.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to River Heritage Park in 2021. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $3.0m. Upgrades are set to include:
– Parking Lot
Due to these major park improvements, this park will be closed while under construction for the safety of visitors. Stay tuned for closure details.
Reimagining Parks Feedback Form
Location11813 River Road
- Drinking Fountain
- Adjacent to White River
- Open Greenspace
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Soft Surface Trails
- Picnic Shelter (with electricity)
- Seasonal Restrooms
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
- Fishing is permitted with fishing license (required for those 18 and over only). May keep 5 total 14″+ Largemouth Bass or 10 total Channel Catfish at any size. Click here for more information.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044