River Heritage Park
River Heritage Park was developed in 1998-1999. Whether you’re taking a relaxing walk through nature or hanging out with the kids, River Heritage has much to offer. There’s something for everyone!
Within this 40-acre park there are sand volleyball courts, and an enormous playground that includes handicap-accessible play features, swing sets, slides and more.
River Heritage is a great setting for all types of events. The park has a large, rentable shelter with grills and plenty of places to sit.
Looking to get off the beaten path? Take a relaxing walk through the wooded area that leads to the White River.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to River Heritage Park in 2021. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $3.0m. Upgrades are set to include:
– Parking Lot
Due to these major park improvements, this park will be closed while under construction for the safety of visitors. Stay tuned for closure details.
Location11813 River Road
- Drinking Fountain
- Adjacent to White River
- Open Greenspace
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Soft Surface Trails
- Picnic Shelter (with electricity)
- Seasonal Restrooms
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044