All volunteer events currently canceled due to an abundance of caution and guidance from public health officials.
Volunteer With Us
We love our volunteers! The time they commit to working with Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation (CCPR) truly makes our parks and programs better for the community.
As a volunteer with us, you will gain real-world experience and make a difference in the community. Whether you’re on your own, with a friend or with a larger group, we have a variety of volunteer projects for groups of all sizes.
Our volunteer opportunities range from getting your hands dirty in our parks, to assisting our staff with recreation and adaptive programs. Volunteering with CCPR is a great way to earn community service hours while impacting our environment and community.
We Have Opportunities for All Ages
- Our Park Stewardship program offers wonderful opportunities for our younger volunteers. Volunteers 16 years and younger can participate with the the presence of a parent or guardian.
- Adaptive, Monon Community Center and Extended School Enrichment program volunteers must be 14 years old or older.
- Summer Camp Series and Park Stewardship volunteers must be 16 years old or older to volunteer independently.
Looking to help during this unprecedented time? Consider volunteering at one of the below:
Become a Volunteer in 4 Easy Steps
- Click here to register
- Create your volunteer profile
- Please wait to sign up for Adaptive, Recreation, Extended School Enrichment, Summer Camp, and Adopt-A-Park volunteer opportunities until your background check has been approved. If you signed up to volunteer with Park Stewardship, you will receive approval soon!
- Sign up for opportunities
Volunteer Project Coordinator
Opportunities to Volunteer
Adaptive Programs- Designed specifically for individuals with disabilities to ensure everyone can participate.
- From helping coach sports to helping create original art pieces, there are a variety of programs our volunteers can support.
Adopt-A-Park- Opportunities for businesses, HOAs and the general public to engage in the community while maintaining and improving our trails and natural areas.
- Volunteers will feel a sense of partnership with their local park, trail or natural site.
Learn More + Apply
Eagle Scout Projects- Current park-related project proposals should fall within Flowing Well, Meadowlark, Lawrence W. Inlow, Carey Grove and River Heritage Parks only.
Girl Scout Gold Award Projects- Current park-related project proposals should fall within Flowing Well, Meadowlark, Lawrence W. Inlow, Carey Grove, and River Heritage Parks only.
Extended School Enrichment- Work with before and after school programming for kindergarten through sixth-grade students in Carmel Clay Schools.
- Requires a commitment of at least one day a week for a semester. This allows high school volunteers to really become a part of the program, and provide students with someone they can rely on each week.
Group Projects- Is your organization looking for a way to give back to the community? We have a wide range of activities perfect for businesses, community organizations and schools. If interested in scheduling a group project, please submit a Group Request Form via the button below. The volunteer coordinator will look it over and contact the group for further discussion.
Park Stewardship + Nature EducationHelp keep our parks clean and safe by signing up for the following opportunities:
- Restoration Projects (invasive species removal, tree planting)
- Citizen Science (long-term monitoring)
- Nature Education (nature programs, knee-high naturalist)
- General Park Maintenance (playground mulching, litter cleanup)
Recreation Programs- A variety of programs are offered throughout the year.
- Volunteers assist staff with setup and teardown of programs. This could include assisting with decorating, welcoming guests, helping with crafts and more.
Summer Camp Series- Support camp staff as they run camps for students ages 5-15 years.
- Support field trips around the city as campers have a chance to explore, learn and have some fun.