Explore Our Parks & Greenways
At Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation, we manage and maintain more than 500 park acres throughout Carmel, including 13 parks and 4 greenways. In partnership with the Indiana Wildlife Federation (IWF), we are the first park system in the state of Indiana to be certified as wildlife and habitat-friendly.
Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, walking, playing, or running, our parks have fun for everyone! Amenities include playgrounds, splash pads, park shelters, restrooms, greenspace and more. Explore all of our park activities below.
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies:
- Parks are open from sunrise to sunset, except for approved activities.
- Parks are tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping, alcohol and drug-free zones.
- Help keep your parks beautiful, safe and fun!
Carey Grove Park
This 5-acre park neighborhood playground features a 1/2 basketball court and softball backstop.Learn More
Central Dog Park
A park just for your four-legged friends!Learn More
161 acres of greenspace, soft-surface/paved trails and picnic areas.Learn More
Cherry Tree Park
Featuring open greenspace making it the perfect spot to throw a frisbee or fly a kite.Learn More
Flowing Well Park
Fill up on the best water in Carmel and take a stroll along the nature trails.Learn More
Great for a walk, picnic, and a kids' play!Learn More
Get your hiking shoes ready for a scenic trail walk!Learn More
Paved paths connect to other trails and nature.Learn More
Hazel Landing Park
An 18-hole disc golf, fishing, trails, and greenspace offer fun for all!Learn More
Lawrence W. Inlow Park
Time for a visit to the splash pad and a family picnic!Learn More
Lenape Trace Park
Perfect for a picnic or stroll in the park.Learn More
Play a pick-up game of basketball or bring your fishing pole!Learn More
Rent a Zagster bike here!Learn More
Prairie Meadow Park
Enjoy the prairie grass along this quarter-mile trail stroll!Learn More
River Heritage Park
A playground, shelter and sand volleyball are available in one spot!Learn More
Ampitheater, 2+ miles of trails and more make this park a must visit!Learn More
White River Greenway
Paved trails make this wooded nature walk a perfect outing!Learn More
Looking to take professional photos in our park system or within any of our facilities?
Carmel Trails & Bike Routes
Carmel is bike friendly, so it’s easy to make a day of exploring our city and parks!
- Learn more about biking in Carmel
- City Centre Loop
- Cool Creek Loop
- Village Loop
- West Loop
- White River Loop
With multiple trails to navigate, grab your bike and get moving to your next adventure!
General Park Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXCEPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG-FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed waterfowl or wild animal
For the full list of park rules, please click here.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044