We manage and maintain more than 550 park acres throughout Carmel, including 15 parks and 4 greenways. In partnership with the Indiana Wildlife Federation (IWF), we are the first park system in the state of Indiana to be certified as wildlife and habitat-friendly.
Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, walking, playing, or running, our parks have fun for everyone! Amenities include playgrounds, splash pads, park shelters, restrooms, greenspace and more. Explore all of our park activities by clicking “Choose An Activity” below.
Growing Parks Through Reimagination
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
Improvements are coming to Flowing Well Park, Carey Grove Park, Meadowlark Park, River Heritage Park, West Park and Lawrence W. Inlow Park. Due to these improvements, parks will experience closures during construction.
Your Safety in Our Parks
Find all the details of our COVID-19 policies and procedures within our programs, parks and facilities.
Winter Snow Management
CCPR does not manage snow and ice on our soft surface trails and roads. Plowing of hard surface trails is a secondary priority after parking lots and roadways. The only hard surface trails that receive snow management are the greenway paths – Monon Greenway, Hagan Burke, Greyhound, and White River Greenway as well as hard surface trails in parks with connector trails to the Monon Greenway, such as Central Park, Meadowlark Park and Lenape Trace Park. Thank you for your patience and if you are a cross country skier you have a limited window before we’ll be by with the plow.
As a reminder de-icer/salts are not applied to the Monon or other paths due to the adverse effects on edge vegetation, stormwater ditches, and puppy paws. Please use caution during inclement weather.
Bear Creek Park
Undeveloped parkland on Carmel's northwest side.Learn More
Carey Grove Park
This 5-acre park neighborhood playground features a 1/2 basketball court and outdoor exercise equipment.Learn More
Central Dog Park
A park just for your four-legged friends!Learn More
161 acres of greenspace, soft-surface/paved trails and picnic areas.Learn More
Cherry Tree Park
Featuring open greenspace making it the perfect spot to throw a frisbee or fly a kite.Learn More
Flowing Well Park
Fill up on the best water in Carmel and take a stroll along the nature trails.Learn More
Great for a walk, picnic, and a kids' play!Learn More
Get your hiking shoes ready for a scenic trail walk!Learn More
Paved paths connect to other trails and nature.Learn More
Hazel Landing Park
An 18-hole disc golf, fishing, trails, and greenspace offer fun for all!Learn More
Lawrence W. Inlow Park
Time for a visit to the splash pad and a family picnic!Learn More
Lenape Trace Park
Perfect for a picnic or stroll in the park.Learn More
Play a pick-up game of basketball or bring your fishing pole!Learn More
Please practice social distancing.Learn More
Prairie Meadow Park
Enjoy the prairie grass along this quarter-mile trail stroll!Learn More
River Heritage Park
A playground, shelter and sand volleyball are available in one spot!Learn More
Vera J. Hinshaw Preserve
Nearly 10 acres of undeveloped natural area along the Monon Greenway.Learn More
Ampitheater, 2+ miles of trails and more make this park a must visit!Learn More
White River Greenway
Paved trails make this wooded nature walk a perfect outing!Learn More
General Park Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARKS ARE OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXCEPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG-FREE ZONES
HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of parks for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed waterfowl or wild animal
- Fishing is permitted with fishing license (required for those 18 and over only). May keep 5 total 14″+ Largemouth Bass or 10 total Channel Catfish at any size. Click here for more information.
For the full list of park rules, please click here.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044