Flowing Well Park
Located just off of 116th St. on the east side of Carmel, this 15-acre park offers a national park-feel.
In 1994, Flowing Well opened as CCPR’s very first public park, and park-goers from far and wide have frequented ever since.
The Artesian Well
Most visitors bring their empty water jugs to fill up at the “Old Faithful” artesian well, which was discovered back in the 1800s.
Each month, we perform testing on the artesian well. Artesian wells are required to be tested quarterly for bacteria, but Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation goes above and beyond and tests it more frequently than we are legally required. Monthly testing occurs in partnership with the City of Carmel’s Water Department. For more information about testing, please contact the City of Carmel Water Plant #5 at 317.571.2639.
For more information about Flowing Well Park rules, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
A mile-long trail wraps itself through the woods and along the creek. Interpretive signage provides educational stops along the way to learn about the natural world around you.
Cool Creek winds through the park and is a great spot for fishing or taking the kids creek stomping. Learn more about our watersheds here.
Flowing Well Park is the perfect spot for a spring wildflower walk in April and May. Virginia bluebells, yellow trout lily, bloodroot, and others welcome the warm weather with their vibrant hues.
Try to spot as many spring wildflowers as you can with our Wildflower Bingo.
Location5100 E. 116th Street
- Artesian Well
- Soft Surface Trails
- Picnic Shelter
- Bike Rack
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies.
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXCEPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
- Fishing is permitted with fishing license (required for those 18 and over only). May keep 5 total 14″+ Largemouth Bass or 10 total Channel Catfish at any size. Click here for more information.
The water from Flowing Well is untreated groundwater from an aquifer located below the area. Water quality may vary from day to day due to a variety of natural and other factors. While the water is tested monthly, there are inherent risks with drinking untreated water. To help prevent water contamination and the spread of disease-causing organisms, please observe these rules and courtesies.
- Avoid touching the water spigots with your hands, containers or other objects.
- Refrain from drinking water directly from the spigots.
- Wading, standing, or entrance inside the dispensary pit is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted inside the well house.
- Disinfection of groundwater is recommended before consuming water.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, boiling (rolling boil for 1 minute) has very high effectiveness in killing Cryptosporidium, Giardia, bacteria, and viruses. Allow water to cool after boiling before drinking.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044