Carey Grove Park
Located on the Eastside of Carey Road just south of 146th Street in Carmel, Carey Grove Park is a beloved neighborhood park. This 5-acre park was originally developed from 1997-1998 and was fully reimagined in 2020.
The park is home to a playground, year-round bathrooms, permanent outdoor exercise equipment, resurfaced trails, a half-basketball court, and both a community and seasonal shelter.
The reimagined playground brings a whole new level of exploration and play to Carey Grove Park. The playground, the first of its kind in Indiana, is divided into two sections, one designed for kiddos ages 2-5 and one designed for ages 5-12. Kiddos will enjoy climbing, sliding, swinging, and more on this completely modernized playground.
Musical features are incorporated throughout the playground to make it our very first musical park. Not only are the musical features lovely to look at, but they also add a unique learning and exploratory component for park visitors.
Carey Grove Park is our very first park to have outdoor workout equipment! The park has three pieces of adult workout equipment that can be used at any time of year. There are two bikes and one elliptical. The workout equipment faces the playground so parents can work out while keeping an eye on their kiddos.
Location14001 N. Carey Road
- 1/2 basketball court
- 1/4 mile walking trail
- Outdoor exercise equipment
- Musical features
- Drinking fountain
- Open greenspace
- Picnic shelter
- Bike rack
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044