Carey Grove Park is closed to the public (effective May 2020) to undergo planned improvements, including a playground, restrooms, parking lot, and trails.
The Clay Township Impact Program funds these enhancements as part of Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation’s Reimagining Parks initiative. The park will reopen after construction is complete in December of 2020.
Carey Grove Park
Carey Grove Park is a quiet neighborhood park developed 1997-1998. It’s located on the Eastside of Carey Road just south of 146th Street.
This 5-acre park includes open turf area, a ½ basketball court and a quarter mile walking trail through an arboretum. For the kids, there are two sets of play areas; one for ages 2-5 and one for ages 5-12. For those who prefer a more relaxed day at the park, the shelter provides great shade, can accommodate up to 25 people and is great for grilling out or small parties.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
The planning stages are complete and construction has begun. The park will remain closed throughout the duration of the project with a projected opening before the end of the year. The project budget for this park’s upgrades is $2.0m. Upgrades are set to include:
Location14001 N. Carey Road
- 1/2 Basketball Court
- Softball Back Stop
- 1/4 mile walking trail through an arboretum
- Drinking Fountain
- Open Greenspace
- Picnic Shelter
- Bike Rack
- Seasonal Restrooms
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044