From the Beginning
Established in 2002, West Park is one of the largest parks in Carmel. The 120-acre park offers year-round fun.
Kids can come and play on the farm-inspired playground including swing sets, a giant spiderweb pyramid, a two-tier silo with slides and a tractor play set.
Enjoy the Park Year Round
During spring, summer and fall the prairie maze and pond boardwalks provide a beautiful walk through nature. Along your walk through the prairie maze you are likely to find grasshoppers, praying mantises, rabbits and many different plants in bloom. A walk over the pond gives you a good look at blue herons, ducks, frogs, fish and crawdads. There is always something to learn and see at West Park.
During the summer, children can enjoy playing in the water feature that is set to simulate rain and a runoff stream. There is a giant open turf area that is great for soccer games or flying a kite on a windy day.
During the snowy winter months kids can grab their sleds and slide down the two-story sledding hill. There is even a gradual walkway up the hill to make the trek to the top easier for both kids and parents.
Open all year round, you’ll find a 2-mile trail perfect for walking and jogging winding through the entire park. Even the dog will enjoy a walk here with so much to see and smell.
West Park is great for parties and events of all sizes. There is a large shelter equipped with 4 grills and plenty of seating, as well as three smaller shelters for smaller parties or just enjoy the shade.
No matter the time of year, West Park is the place to be with fun for everyone.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to West Park in summer 2021. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $4.6m. Upgrades are set to include:
– Splash pad
Due to these major park improvements, portions of this park will be closed, and no shelter rentals will be available while under construction for the safety of visitors. Stay tuned for closure details.
Location2700 W. 116th Street
- Splash Pad
- Open Greenspace
- Native Prairies
- 2+ miles of Soft Surface & Paved Trails
- Picnic Shelters (with electricity)
- Drinking Fountain
- Year-round Restrooms
- Bike Rack
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044