Closure April 1 – December 31
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to Meadowlark Park in 2021. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $3.5m. Upgrades are set to include a playground, restrooms, shelter, parking lot, pickleball courts, trails, and fishing pier. The Clay Township Impact Program funds these enhancements as part of Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation’s Reimagining Parks initiative.
Meadowlark Park was developed in 1995. This 19-acre park is nestled behind apartments off of Main Street in Carmel.
There is a large playground and shelter with areas to sit and grill out.
Over two miles of trails, linking up to St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Monon Greenway, are great for walking . The interior park trail wraps around a pond that is annually stocked by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Species in the pond include sunfish, catfish and trout.
This park also offers a full basketball court and open turf area for recreational sports. All while being a stone’s throw to downtown Carmel.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to Meadowlark Park in 2021. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $3.5m. Upgrades are set to include:
Due to these major park improvements, this park will be closed while under construction for the safety of visitors. Stay tuned for closure details.
Reimagining Parks Feedback Form
Location450 Meadow Ln
- Open Greenspace
- Basketball Court
- Soft Surface & Paved Trails
- Picnic Shelter & Grill
- Seasonal Accessible Portable Toilet
- Bike Rack
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
- Fishing is permitted with fishing license (required for those 18 and over only). May keep 5 total 14″+ Largemouth Bass or 10 total Channel Catfish at any size. Click here for more information.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044