Located in the heart of the city’s Arts & Design District, Meadowlark Park offers an escape into nature and outdoor recreation just steps from the hustle and bustle of shops and restaurants. This 19-acre park was originally developed in 1995 and was fully reimagined in 2022.
The neighborhood park has towering “tree-tastic” playground features, pickleball courts, a wheelchair-accessible fishing pier, an accessible boardwalk winding through restored wetlands, year-round restrooms, a full basketball court, and more.
The reimagined playground, which accommodates play for kids ages 2-12, is like something out of dreams—or an art gallery! Given Meadowlark’s location, it was important to incorporate artistic elements as a nod to the City of Carmel’s Arts & Design District. From the tall climbing structures—which resemble towering trees—to the smaller play features—meant to resemble the shrubs and understory—the playground offers fun for kiddos of all ages with an artistic flair.
The pond at Meadowlark Park is the best fishing spot here in Carmel. It’s part of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources Urban Fishing Program, which means it’s carefully stocked with fish like rainbow trout and catfish each year.
Location450 Meadow Ln
- Fishing Pier (wheelchair accessible)
- Pickleball Courts
- Restored Wetlands
- Year-round Restrooms
- Basketball Court
- Open Greenspace
- Soft Surface & Paved Trails
- Picnic Shelter & Grill
- Bike Rack
General Park Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXCEPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed waterfowl or wild animal
- Fishing is permitted with fishing license (required for those 18 and over only). May keep 5 total 14″+ Largemouth Bass or 10 total Channel Catfish at any size. Click here for more information.
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044