Meadowlark Park was developed in 1995. This 19-acre park is nestled behind apartments off of Main Street in Carmel.
There is a large playground and shelter with areas to sit and grill out.
Over two miles of trails, linking up to St. Vincent’s Hospital and the Monon Greenway, are great for walking . The interior park trail wraps around a pond that is annually stocked by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Species in the pond include sunfish, catfish and trout.
This park also offers a full basketball court and open turf area for recreational sports. All while being a stone’s throw to downtown Carmel.
Thanks to the Clay Township Impact Program, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is helping the community by updating and enhancing its parks to become more accessible, safer and available year-round.
We are currently in the planning stages for the improvements coming to Meadowlark Park in 2020. The projected budget for this park’s upgrades is $3.5m. Upgrades are set to include:
– Parking Lot
– Fishing Pier
Due to these major park improvements, this park will be closed while under construction for the safety of visitors. Stay tuned for closure details.
Location450 Meadow Ln
- Open Greenspace
- Basketball Court
- Soft Surface & Paved Trails
- Picnic Shelter & Grill
- Seasonal Accessible Portable Toilet
- Bike Rack
General Park Rules
For safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow these rules and courtesies
- PARK OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET EXECPT FOR APPROVED ACTIVITIES
- PARKS ARE TOBACCO, ALCOHOL AND DRUG FREE ZONES
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS BEAUTIFUL
- Bag and dispose of pet waste
- Place all litter in appropriate trash containers
- Drive and park only on roadways and designated parking areas
- Wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS SAFE
- Pets are not permitted in playgrounds, spray parks, water features or buildings
- Adult supervision recommended for children in playgrounds and spray parks
- Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on trails or park grounds
- Fires are permitted only in permanent park-provided grills
- Swimming, wading and ice fishing are not permitted
- Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades are not permitted in shelters, buildings or on playgrounds
- HELP KEEP YOUR PARKS FUN!
- Keep all pets leashed
- Exercise pets on a leash no longer than 6 feet
- Avoid playing loud music that disturbs others
- Soliciting or use of park for profit is prohibited without a permit
- Help keep wildlife wild – Please do not feed water fowl or wild animal
Report inappropriate conduct to Carmel Police: 317.571.2580
Report maintenance concerns to Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation: 317.573.4044