Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation is hosting free guided tours of Bear Creek Park on Oct. 24, Oct. 30, and Nov. 6. Each tour will be about one hour and led by a member of our Parks & Natural Resources team. During the tour, you will learn about the natural features and wildlife of Bear Creek Park. Trails are primitive, so closed-toe shoes are recommended. Parking is limited and participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sunday, Oct. 24 | 2 p.m.
Led by CCPR Volunteer Coordinator Lana Ramer.
This tour falls during the Hoosier Mushroom Society Mushroom Foray. Lana will share information about citizen science volunteer opportunities (including our newest focus, mycology!) and invite you to participate in the Mushroom Foray by hunting for mushrooms during the tour.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.
- Led by CCPR Parks & Natural Resources Director Michael Allen.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 | 10 a.m.
- Led by CCPR Natural Resources Coordinator Joanna Scott.
After the tour, you’re welcome to stay and explore the park on your own. Marked trails around the property provide access to different areas of the park. After your visit, please share feedback about your experience via this online survey.
Survey responses will be considered during the Master Plan process to help shape and guide the ultimate design of the park’s development over the next several years.
- Bear Creek Park is located at 14330 Shelborne Rd, Carmel, IN 46074.
- The park will be accessible on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. until further notice.
- The park has marked trails, parking, and port-a-lets available.