Inclusion Corner | Heart Breathing
Beat the winter blues with this mindful breathing exercise. Of course, for the month of love, we had to introduce heart breathing! Learn this technique and its benefits in this month’s inclusion corner from Aimee Rich, our ESE/SCS Inclusion & Engagement Supervisor.
Feeling the winter blues? Bummed that it’s too chilly for outdoor activities? Here is another great mindful breathing exercise you and your family can try to. Remember, mindful breathing allow us to take a quick second to re-center, steady our breathing, calm our brain and body, maintain focus, and alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Stand or sit nice and straight with your eyes closed or looking down
- Bring your fingertips together to make a heart shape
- As you inhale slowly through your nose, pull your fingertips apart while leaving your thumbs together
- As you exhale through your nose, bring your fingertips back together to make the heart again
- Do this 5 times, trying not to let outside thoughts come in, focus solely on your breathing