Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation Begins Implementing Stage 5 Updates Today
The Monon Community Center is Open for Fitness as Several Amenities Reopen
Carmel, Ind. (Sept. 26, 2020) – Per Governor Holcomb’s announcement on Wednesday, Sept. 23, the State of Indiana is moving into Stage 5 of the Back on Track Indiana Plan today. Based on the Governor’s guidelines and member feedback gathered through multiple surveys, the Monon Community Center will begin its next phase of reopening today.
Safety remains CCPR’s top priority. The MCC’s Stage 5 reopening will take place in phases in order to keep members, guests and staff safe. Masks are still required when entering and exiting the facility and will be worn by staff. Physical distancing guidelines and enhanced cleaning measures will remain in place.
Monthly and annual memberships are available for purchase online and at the MCC starting at just $44 per month. Day passes are available for purchase in-person at the MCC.
- Enhanced cleaning measures will continue throughout the day and the facility will be fogged at the end of each day. Cleaning supplies will be provided so members can clean fitness equipment to their desired level before using.
- The East Building will be open during peak traffic times starting Monday, September 28.
- Monday – Friday 8 a.m. –8 p.m.
- Saturday + Sunday 8 a.m. –6 p.m.
- Guests ages 11 to 14 must be under direct adult supervision in the Fitness Center.
- Equipment has been spread out to promote physical distancing.
- Saunas will remain closed.
- Towel services are temporarily suspended.
- Group fitness classes are available by reservation only. View the Group Fitness schedule and reserve a spot.
- Due to demand some of the most popular classes will be added back into the schedule including Cycle, Aqua and Zumba.
- Senior classes will be offered in person.
- Virtual classes will end Sept. 28, as this is not a sustainable option for us with amenities opening back up.
- Indoor Activity Pool & Slides:
- The indoor activity pool will resume normal weekend operations (12-7 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. –7 p.m. on Sunday).
- Beginning the week of Oct. 5, weekday evening hours will resume (4:30-8 p.m. daily).
- Lap Swimming:
- KidZone will reopen Monday, October 5 under the following restrictions:
- Open to kids 3 years and older.
- Maximum of 25 kids at a time.
- Reservations will be required to help control capacity.
- Check back for hours – coming soon!
CCPR will continue to share its reopening plans with the community.